RE: Impact of pointer capture on pointerover/pointerout events

Pointer capture makes it so that pointer events cannot hit test to any other element but the one with capture. It follows, then, that a move can only be detected to have entered or left the hit test bounds of the element with capture ("A user agent MUST dispatch this event when a pointing device is moved into the hit test boundaries of an element." [1]).

So, pointerover/pointerout only fire for entering/leaving the element with capture but do not fire for entering/leaving other elements. This is what occurs in the test case where pointerover is dispatched to the element (#target0) that has capture.

-Jacob

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM, <Cathy.Chan@nokia.com> wrote:

 I don't have anything to add (yet) except a link to the original thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2013AprJun/0120.html

 - Cathy.