Re: Distinguishing input from multiple users

Just to clarify - sorry for not being explicit, this is not a LC comment - nor do I think this should be a v1 showstopper. The added complexity just to get the device ID right on all platforms is probably not worth the hassle to be forced into v1.

The specific use case I had in mind was for HTML games on a console (or PC, TV) - as I've seen a [1] workaround implementation possibly due to the very reason that there wasn't a standard that could be readily used.

(Although as with all software "let's do it later" also tends end up being "let's not do it ever", but let's imagine that won't happen)

The [2] Gamepad API has this concept - although it's a bit more complex - but it shares the idea.

--
Sangwhan Moon

[1] http://my.opera.com/Vital/blog/the-wii-remote-api
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gamepad/raw-file/default/gamepad.html