RE: Developers confuse the original MS PE submission for the current spec

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:24:36 +0000
To: Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com> wrote:

> Both Bing and Google search for "pointer events specification" return the old submission (http://www.w3.org/Submission/pointer-events/) higher than any version of the actual specification (eg. https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/raw-file/tip/pointerEvents.html).
>
> I've seen this cause confusion multiple times (people looking at the submission thinking it's the current spec and raising issues with it).  Can we perhaps change the title and/or add a note to the top of the submission to point to the current specification?

I support this. I've seen occasional issues from this.  I don't have access to update this document. Doug, can you help?  My suggestion would be to:

-Update "Latest published version" to point to http://www.w3.org/TR/pointerevents/
-Add a sentence to the first paragraph the SoTD section that says "The latest published version of this document, which incorporates feedback from the Pointer Events Working Group, can be found <link>here</link>."