Re: Draft Minutes: 27 November 2012

On 11/27/2012 07:25 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Introductions
>
>     Art: Represents Nokia and was chair of WebEvents.
>     ... Interested in having a single touch API for the web
>     ... Also our chair
>
>     Doug: I'm the W3C staff contact.
>     ... Also interesting in having a touch model that is fairly
>     universally supported
>
>     <ArtB> Rick: I am a sw engineer at Google focusing on Chrome
>     desktop
>
>     <ArtB> … want people to be able to create touch based apps
>
>     <ArtB> … we think PE provides a good path forward
>
>     Peter: also software engineer at Google
>     ... same reasons as google
>
>     Asir: From Microsoft
>     ... Interested in getting pointer events used everywhere
>
>     Matt: Work at Mozilla, worked previously on firefox for Android
>     ... Now working on Firefox for Windows 8
>     ... Was one if the editors of touch events spec
>
>     Cathy: From nokia
>     ... also want a unified touch model
>
>     Scott: project lead for jQuery UI
>     ... don't want to work with touch events because they have a
>     different structure than mouse events
>     ... want to build a wrapper around mouse and touch to bring
>     pointer support to browsers that don't have it

Hi all,

I'm Olli Pettay from Mozilla, 'smaug' on IRC.
I do generic Gecko core development, focusing mainly on
DOM, DOM Events and cycle collector, and I do also lots of
code reviews (which includes reviewing the specs).
I'm also a member of WebApps and WebEvents WG.

I'm interested in to find better event model for touch handling,
and if we can deal with mouse events at the same time, even better.

-Olli