Fwd: Daylight Saving Time (DST) change --second half of 2017

This is the usual problem…

Because our meetings are set (thanks to Phil) on Reykjavik time, I believe what happens is that the calls will change to 10:30pm for Ben, 1:30pm for Europeans starting the 30th of October and, I believe, one hour earlier for Renato.

Linda, I am not sure where exactly you are in the US; what I know is that on the 30th of October and the 6th of November the call is at 8:30am for Boston, and then shifting to 7:30am.

It is always messy, but…

Ivan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Xueyuan <xueyuan@w3.org <mailto:xueyuan@w3.org>>
> Subject: Daylight Saving Time (DST) change --second half of 2017
> Date: 20 October 2017 at 06:53:42 GMT+2
> To: chairs@w3.org <mailto:chairs@w3.org>
>

> Dear Chairs,
>
> This is a friendly reminder about the upcoming Daylight Saving Time change.
>
> Most European clocks shift back 1 hr on Sunday 29 October 2017. Most of the US clocks shift back 1 hr a week later, Sunday 5 November 2017. China and Japan do not observe DST.
>
>     https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2017b.html <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2017b.html>
>
> Between October 29 and November 5, the time difference between US and Europe will be 1 hour less than it currently is. This means that for that week the teleconferences that are scheduled according to the US clock will start *one hour earlier* in local time for most Europeans.
>
> For WebEx teleconferences that were scheduled according to a timezone other than US or Europe, please confirm the time arrangements with your meeting host.
>
> The meeting planner tool below may be helpful to find the time for your web meeting across time zones:
>    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html>
>
> Best Regards,
> Xueyuan Jia, W3C Marketing & Communications

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Publishing@W3C Technical Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>