On complex constraints

Dear all,

I did not verbally express my view as I did not feel capable to. I'll
try to write it:

Simple constraints are in ODRL logical expressions, whose truth value
might be evaluated. With ODRL we can express for example:

R1: industry = academy
R2: count <=5

We have in ODRL the ability to define logical expressions with two
variables: an "operator", a "rightOperand" and a left operand (called
"name").
We can even combine these expressions with connectives (extended model):
AND, OR, NOT.
However, we are moving within the limits of logic and we cannot evaluate
algebraic expressions.
Namely, we would like to have:

R3: publicationTime > (asset.FootballMatchEndTime + 1 hour)

We cannot define algebraic formulas, nor variables. We would like to
have something like:

var1: asset.FootbalMatchEndTime + 1 hour
R4: publicationTime > var1

So even if we use reification, we can't still represent the addition
operation.
I think adding these features would dramatically increase the complexity
of the model...

Víctor

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 91336 3753
Skype: vroddon3