Re: [EXTERNAL] [PNG] Thoughts on semver-ish naming? "Third Edition" -> 1.3

2.0 for Third Edition for sure.

________________________________
From: Chris Blume (ProgramMax) <programmax@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2024 8:22:36 PM
To: jbowler@acm.org <jbowler@acm.org>
Cc: Portable Network Graphics (PNG) Working Group <public-png@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [PNG] Thoughts on semver-ish naming? "Third Edition" -> 1.3

To be clear, it sounds like both of you are suggesting 2.0 instead of "Third Edition"?

I was thinking of using 1.3 and saving 2.0 for potential breaking changes in the future.
But you're right. Numbers are cheap. And I think the SemVer idea of a major number (the 2 here) should be more of a human impact and less of about "breaking changes". Adding animations via APNG is a major human impact. I could be easily convinced to call this 2.0.