Re: Cancel Jan 11th, 2022 meeting?

On 2022-01-08 21:08, Chris Blume (ProgramMax) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have not found any meeting topics important enough for us to justify
> allocating your time for the Jan 11th, 2022 meeting.
> Should we cancel the meeting? Are there topics anyone wants to discuss?
That sounds reasonable to me. The blockers are editing actions, not
discussion per se.
> As a reminder, there is progress being made and discussions can happen
> on GitHub. For example:
>
>   * Chris Lilley has updated a lot of bit rot from the 2nd Edition.
>   * Chris Seeger has added wording for the cICP chunk.
>   * I just sent a pull request that begins the adoption of ReSpec.

I noted that (once published) this changing of all the IDs would break
all incoming links to specific sections of the the PNG specification, so
requested changes to undo that part.
> Here is the near-term work I still have scheduled:
>
>   * Chris Lilley
>       o Clarify the public / private bit
>       o 2nd Edition errata spec wording & Web Platform Test updates
>       o APNG spec wording

I'm holding off on any PNG spec editing until we land the respec
changes, to avoid merge conflicts. I do have a detailed action plan for
the APNG wording.

>   * Leonard Rosenthol
>       o Exif spec wording

Since the EXIF chunk is already registered as an extension, it seems
simplest to add it to the main PNG spec using that same wording.

>       o XMP spec wording

This is just registering a keyword, which I already added to the
extensions spec using the wording we agreed on:

https://w3c.github.io/PNG-spec/extensions/Overview.html#K.XMP

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus