Re: Is it necessary for the semantic web to be self contradictory?

I agree with your freedom observation, Larry. (kudos for the Gopher
protocol reminder ) ;)

As I understand the term "form" -- in the citation Melvin brought --
mean "a particular shape". I may be wrong in this personal
understanding, however.

Thinking In terms of _creative utterance_, that would be a miss.

Regards

---

delfin@delfiramirez.info
http://delfiramirez.info [2]

 skype username: segonquart [3]
twitter:@delfinramirez
common weblog: http://delfiramirez.blogspot.com [4]
Directory of Experts in Information Handling [5]
about: Technology Lover & good cook.
place: Somewhere over Europe.
My Digital Signature [6]

On 27/05/2015 03:14, Larry Masinter wrote:

> Missing reference, what is the distinction before "Form" and "forms"?
> But the Semantic Web is a web of utterances by distributed players which are all intrinsically ambiguous and highly likely to be full of contradictions and differences of opinion.
> The main 'invention' of the web (and Gopher before it) was the distributed authority of having uncoordinated but linked data resources. A semantic WEB needs the same freedom for different serves to make contradictory assertions... is that what you mean?
>
> Larry
> --
> http://larry.masinter.net
>
> http://masinter.blogspot.com/2014/11/ambiguity-semantic-web-speech-acts.html [1]
>
> On 5/26/15, 1:59 PM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was reading this quote lately:
>
> In order for the Global Semantic System to be able to produce creative utterances, _it is necessary_ that it be self-contradictory and that no _Form_ of content exist, only _forms_ of content
>
> I was wondering if it applies also the semantic web and decentralization.

Links:
------
[1]
http://masinter.blogspot.com/2014/11/ambiguity-semantic-web-speech-acts.html