Re: Socialization on the Web

On 29 December 2012 19:57, Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Web Philosophy Community Group,
>
> I hereby request a concise, unequivocal and unconditional personal and
> public apology, in this forum, from both Henry Story and Harry Halpin, in
> their roles as Chairs of the Web Philosophy Community Group, where certain
> misconduct did occur, in their Community Group, and on their part, with
> regard to the ordinary expectations of interpersonal etiquette in
> scientific forums.

+1 to this

I have found Harry's response to be reasonable.

However, IMHO, Henry's comments were WAY out of line, and this is a common
thread in community groups.  I have had several complaints in the last
month about Henry's tone and contribution to discussions.  In the spirit of
open discussion in community groups, I would also think an apology was
appropriate.