Re: ARIA All The Things

John,

What ever you want to call it, YES we want more responsive user agents and
not just support for assistive technologies.  In the SVG accessibility
world, we are looking at user agents adding a better keyboard navigation
for non AT users and improving the styles of the graphics for users for non
AT users. Some of these things we would like to see happen through media
queries in the host language. Others like providing better navigation will
mean the user agent will need to look at markup.  Markup is also used via
SVG AAM to support AT.  On the graphics side we are definitely looking for
a continuum of support from user agent and AT; in the host language and
through ARIA markup.

     Regards,

    Fred Esch
 Watson, IBM, W3C
  Accessibility

 IBM Watson       Watson Release Management and Quality