Re: proliferation of reference roles in the dpub aria spec.

Proliferation of a new aria-* attribute to avoid role proliferation? I haven't yet seen any non-academic reason to make these anything other than standard links.

You could add a @rel value if you like.

I don't see a compelling reason for a new role or a new attribute.

James