Re: aria-interactive and the authoring/debug process problems

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> I see your point. When working with Freedom Scientific they made it so
> that interactive controls would not have the keys stolen. For example, a
> drop menu button <div role="button" aria-haspopup="true"> does respond to
> an arrow key without stealing the key and moving the point of regard in the
> virtual buffer down a row.
>
> We did not consider the basic buttons when we added that text. We also
> were not adding the aria-interactive feature to buttons, checkboxes, and
> radio buttons. So, we should restrict that text.

Rather than restricting the text, please at least consider allowing it to
apply to other roles. This is not a hypothetical situation, there are web
apps that could benefit from this now.

- Dominic