Re: Making ARIA and native HTML play better together

1. I like the label element idea.

2. For the specific case of adding focusability, one concern is that
there's no way to revert back to not being focusable at all. Adding
tabIndex=-1 would leave the element as focusable but not part of the tab
order. Also, this isn't backwards compatible. This would change the
semantics and has the potential to break sites.

3. For changing behavior based on the role, one disadvantage I can see is
that it potentially makes ARIA more "dangerous" for web developers. I've
often helped developers make existing sites accessible. It's very
reassuring that any changes to ARIA attributes won't affect the look and
feel of the site and won't require testing again in every browser - only
accessibility needs to be tested again, not everything else. This change
also isn't backwards compatible. This would change the semantics and has
the potential to break sites.