RE: Vertical Slider and Sliders using aria-valuetext examples for APG

There are a couple of bugs to be aware of, not with the sliders but instead with support.

IE11 incorrectly assigns the aria-valuenow attribute value as the Accessibility Tree Value property instead of aria-valuetext as it should, and JAWS16 has broken the ability to announce any changes to either attribute when arrowing in IE11.

From: Gunderson, Jon R [mailto:jongund@illinois.edu]
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2015 12:05 PM
To: WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Vertical Slider and Sliders using aria-valuetext examples for APG

Here is an example with three sliders: 1 vertical and all three use aria-valuetext
http://jongund.github.io/aria-examples/slider/slider-2.html

Let me know what you think of the examples or if you find they have any problems.

I will add some AT experience information on Monday morning before the call.

Jon