RE: warnings on outdated specs/docs

Comment inline below
Steve Zilles

[SZ] If we were to do this today, your right the cost could be significant (and boring). There will likely be another way in the future. The CSS Working Group is working on Headers and Footers in CSS. [There is a draft http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-gcpm/ which has (historical) information on Headers and Footers. Implementation plans are far less clear, but use of HTML for eBooks will help drive this forward.] Since the team is allows to make changes to Stylesheets without any other process, Headers and/or Footers could be introduced on historical documents without changing their content, only their Stylesheet. That would solve Janina' problem.