Re: Firefox accessibility API mapping questions

On 2015-03-25 3:25 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> What is the point to put role="rowgroup" for the author if it doesn't
> have accessibility mapping?

 From an author's perspective, they may want to make the row group
focusable, or have it aria-control something else, etc.  This is
covered  by what I wrote in my last email: "The only reasons for an
accessible are if the rowgroup element is focusable, or has some other
ARIA global attribute. "

Otherwise, I don't see why an author would add a rowgroup.  But if they
do, and it isn't focusable and doesn't have an aria-* attribute, then
why would there need to be an accessible for it? The case is the same as
the one you noted: "Firefox doesn't expose group accessibles for HTML
tables like thead, tfoot or tbody in general, but as long as the author
makes those elements focusable (what happens in the wild) we create an
accessible for them."  Role rowgroup is "... a structural equivalent to
the thead, tfoot, and tbody elements ..." [1].  Why not treat it the
same way as you treat thead, etc?

I *think* we agree, actually  :-)

[1] http://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#rowgroup

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -