RE: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

Thanks, that sounds good to me.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 8:13 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa
Cc: 'James Craig'; lwatson@paciellogroup.com; 'WAI Protocols & Formats'
Subject: RE: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

I understand. We did spend a lot of time on their specification and we had found them to work in the absence of the HTML working group drag and drop work. The reality is that the drag and drop work did not materialize from HTML.

So, then there is the definition of "deprecation".  We could say that our intent is to replace these two attributes with something new in ARIA 2.0. This would keep them around and let consumers know that a replacement is coming. So, we say we are going to keep these around until a replacement is found in ARIA 2.0.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

[Inactive hide details for Bryan Garaventa ---06/22/2015 09:56:03 AM---They haven’t made use of these attributes in the out-of-]Bryan Garaventa ---06/22/2015 09:56:03 AM---They haven’t made use of these attributes in the out-of-box component, but we did add them in a cust