Not sure, maybe something like this.

  <thead>
    <th>field1</th>
    <th>field2</th>
    <th>field3</th>
  </thead>
  <tbody>
  </tbody>

I'm not sure what is use case for aria-colindex. If it's supposed to make
holes in table (aka not yet loaded cells) and they can be anywhere in table
then aria-colindex is suitable on cell role. If it's supposed to "skip"
cells from beginning like spreadsheet then it's good to have it on row role
or even on table role. Do we have examples other than spreadsheet?