Re: Fwd: PFWG-ISSUE-704 (Indication of Primary Button): Should there be an ARIA method to indicate the primary button? [ARIA 1.1]

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:15:09 -0500
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
CC: W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
> Wouldn't this be a good use case for aria-current? Since this is now token based, we could add a primarybutton token or something like.

That depends on the use case.  I think James' use case is, for example,
a dialog that has multiple buttons for dismissing.  One of those buttons
is designated the default button, frequently activated by a return key
press.

An example:  A dialog that says "You have unsaved changes.  Do you want
to save the changes before closing?", with "Don't Save", "Cancel", and
"Save" buttons.  Here, the "Save" button is the default.

If that's the use case, aria-current is not the right attribute.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -