Per discussion with the ARIA-APG group this morning, live region test files attached

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:06:31 +0000
To: PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>
CC: "lwatson@paciellogroup.com" <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>, Matthew King <mattking@us.ibm.com>
Hello,
Attached is a zip file that includes the various live region test files that we spoke of earlier, which include all of the variations documented in the spec for the use of aria-live, role=status, role=log, and role=alert.

>From running my own tests, it appears that JAWS16 has broken support for most of these in IE11, though they have very good support in Firefox.

If you can confirm this as reproducible, I'll file an issue regarding this with FS including the same test files.

Somebody suggested that this issue may be the result of IE not firing the correct events when the live region is being written to, however I haven't found an accessible way of testing this as yet, so if anybody can confirm whether IE is in fact firing the correct events, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan