Re: 48-hour Call for Consensus (CfC): Set up moderated public subscription to ARIA working list,

On Sun, 06 Dec 2015 05:02:38 +1000, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> The entirety of the CSS WG discussions happens on www-style. It’s fully
> open with members and non-members.
>
> We’re trying to be inclusive and lower the barrier to entry, aren’t we?
>
> Just put the list behavior expectations on the join page, or in the join
> auto-response email.

+1

Having to moderate before things get through leads to frustration. Telling
people off for doing the wrong thing is a rare enough occurrence that it
seems to work.

It is true that we want people to accept the terms of W3C's policies -
which are not RAND but royalty-free patent licensing for recommendations -
but that can be done effectively through the challenge/response mechanism
for autosubscribe just as well as with a moderator in the middle.

cheers