Re: ARIA 1.1: primary button attribute proposal

I completely forgot about the call today - my agenda entry must have
timed out.
I do want this too. I had an initial proposal which I put forward at
TPAC but we decided we wanted to make some changes.

This was the original proposal

The minutes from TPAC are here
http://www.w3.org/2015/10/26-aria-minutes.html#item03

I propose the following update based on these minutes

      |aria-primaryaction|(property)§ <#aria-primaryaction>

Indicates that anelementis the primary action which is intended to occur
within the button's landmark or dialog. Generally, this would only be
present if there is a different visual indication for the primary action.

A keyboard user would normally activate the primary action through use
of the enter key, even if they are not focussed on the current control.
Typically this is used for features such as the Next button in a Wizard,
The Ok button in a dialog, or the Search action in a Search region.

Authors should ensure that there is only one primary action within a
landmark region or a dialog. If it is placed on a button that is not
within a landmark or dialog container it is considered to be an author
error.

Characteristics:Characteristic  Value
Used in Roles:  Button
Inherits into Roles:
Value:  true/false <#valuetype_true-false>

If this is good I'd be happy for someone else to make these updates.

Regards,
James

--
Regards, James

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781> | Mobile: +1 415 987
1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918> | Video: james.nurthen@oracle.com
<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065