Re: article navigation

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 11:52 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi James,
>
> Does VoiceOver have a gesture navigation capability to move among articles on iOS?

No. VO has a rotor for landmarks, but article is not a landmark.

Also, are you referring to ARIA's article role, or HTML's <article> element? IIRC, there was also some concern that the <article> element was being overused, and a direct 1:1 mapping to the ARIA article role would result in false positives. We'd need heuristics in the engines to snuff of the extraneous articles like we have for layout tables and listitis overuse.

James

PS. "feed" seems a out-of-scope for a 1.1 criteria, does it not? Why is a list of articles in a feed more or less semantic than a list of article outside a feed? Does the end user need to know about the difference? If not, cut it.