From: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "'faulkner steve'"
            <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-svg-a11y@w3.org>, "'WAI Protocols & Formats'"
            <public-pfwg@w3.org>, "'HTML A11Y TF Public'"
            <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Date: 08/30/2015 07:27 PM
Subject: RE: Action-1715: figure role

Rich,

When I first read this, I thought the word main was referring to the main
element. But then I noticed it says “main document”. Later it uses the
phrase “main text”.

I am assuming that a figure could be used as part of an aside. Maybe it
would be worth considering some way of wording this that doesn’t use “main
or clarifies what main means in this context.

Matt King