From:   Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
To:     Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>,
Cc:     "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   04/17/2015 08:37 AM
Subject:        Re: Question regarding role=directory, the usage and
purpose is unclear
Sent by:        ahby@aptest.com

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:
Hi Shane,

On 2015-04-17 10:22 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
FWIW^2 ReSpec does this because I assumed a role of directory was
appropriate there.  Not because anyone told me that was the correct role
to use.  If it is wrong. someone should let me know!

It's correct.  A "directory" role is applicable to a static table of
contents made with a nested lists of links, acccording to the spec [1].

Since it's something ReSpec does, does that mean it applies to *all* W3C
specs, notes, etc. that are built with ReSpec?

Yes.  ReSpec does this in ALL specs.

--
Shane McCarron