RE: Moving Name Computation to a separate specification document

+1 for me, since it's clear and concise regarding the purpose.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Scheuhammer [mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:08 AM
To: james.nurthen@oracle.com; Steve Faulkner
Cc: James Craig; lisa.seeman; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats; Michael Cooper; Janina Sajka; Richard Schwerdtfeger
Subject: Re: Moving Name Computation to a separate specification document

On 2014-09-03 2:00 AM, james.nurthen@oracle.com wrote:
> Wouldn't we include the calculation for accessible description too? If
> so perhaps we should ensure that the name isn't too specific.

The algorithm is documented in the Core-AAM as the first subsection of
"5.6 Special Processing Requiring Additional Computation" [1], and has the heading "Name and Description".  Similar to James Craig's suggestion, this is about the name and description properties as exposed in accessibility APIs.  So, how about "Accessible Name and Description Computation"?

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -