RE: First draft of ARIA 1.1. "text" role

To clarify my position, the use cases are real and important. However, ARIA isn't the right means of addressing them, as it's too broad - it works via the accessibility interfaces and does not target, for example, speech output or braille output specifically or independently of one another.

Thank you for your compliance.