From:   "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>
To:     Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Birkir Gunnarsson
<birkir.gunnarsson@deque.com>,
Cc:     Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>, Bryan Garaventa
<bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>, Léonie Watson
<LWatson@paciellogroup.com>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
<public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   11/11/2014 06:27 AM
Subject:        RE: Should user agents be expected to expose the presence
of an   aria-current descendant?

I think the major benefit is when aria-current is on a link, users will
know it is a link to the current page they are on.

I don’t this we should  be thinking of aria-current as some  type of
alternative to providing good page titling, useful headings (H1-H6) and
landmark labeling to help users orient to the page they are on or the step
in a sequence of pages.

Jon