Re: First draft of ARIA 1.1. "text" role

> On Nov 10, 2014, at 1:01 PM, Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Isn't the role="text" use case covered by other ARIA techniques? For example, will

Your example of only allowing the "img" role would result in the undesirable outcome of the user hearing the role description ("image") and other audible artifacts like pauses.

Quoting from the next line:
"""
In a screen reader using an ARIA 1.1-capable browsers, the user would hear "I love New York." On an ARIA 1.0 capable browser, the user might hear "I, love image, New York."
"""