From: Léonie Watson [mailto:LWatson@PacielloGroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 1:05 AM
To: 'James Craig'; 'Janina Sajka'
Cc: 'W3C WAI Protocols & Formats'
Subject: RE: Request to move ARIA meeting to either Thursday or Friday (same time)

James Craig wrote:
"Shortening the time would force the working group to use that meeting time to address the issues that mattered most. This is better for all the attendees, whoever they are."

It's also difficult for the average person to maintain focus for 90 minutes [1]. If you're scribing it's even more difficult!

"Substantive details should always first be discussed on list, not in the phone meetings. Phone calls should only be for recurring issues that cannot be resolved on the list."

We need to balance the two. If we discuss the details on list, then finalise/agree on the call, that strikes me as a reasonable balance - and 60 minutes a reasonable time to accomplish it. It isn't just implementers who find it difficult to set aside 90 minutes.

Léonie.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_span

--

Senior Accessibility Engineer, TPG