RE: Agenda: June 16, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

My apologies. Conflicting all-hands this evening.

-          Stefan

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Freitag, 13. Juni 2014 20:29
To: PF
Subject: Agenda: June 16, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: June 16, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 1:00PM EST, 10:00AM PST, 17:00 UTC, duration is 1.5 hours
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe
- Note: Michael to chair June 23 ARIA Caucus as Rich is traveling

- Clarifying our request re the CfC to mark HTML 5.0's strong semantics section as informative, not normative.
  We have most of this worked out but we need a formal resolution. We have most of the I think we've worked it out on email. See related posts:
  - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/0075.html  (from Rich)
  - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/0078.html  (from Steve)

- Review Brian's Editorial comments on the Implicit Semantics section: NOTE: Brian has found some editorial quips with the Implicit Semantics.
 - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/0082.html

- Agree (or not) to a heartbeat publication of Steve's "Using ARIA in HTML." See PF/HTML-A11Y CFC
 - Mark Sadecki provided a diff in the CFC located at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Jun/0087.html

- Meaty Topics:
   - Issue 655 Annotation - Chris Galello
        - Annotations that are not in the DOM, etc.
   - Discuss what exactly we want to put out for 48 hour concensus (I don't believe we reached agreement on this at the last call)
   - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/655
   - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/658

- Issue 623 Introduce aria-inert for disambiguating modal states
   - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/623

- Less Meaty Topics:

- Issue 427 Do we want to go for a Element.computedName and/or Element.computedRole?
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/427
 - January Face to Face Discussion Computed Role, Computed Name http://www.w3.org/2014/01/24-aria-minutes.html
 - No decision was made in the minutes but it sounded like there was consensus that we should do this and we could mark these as at risk items.
 - This would require coordination and a formal resolution

- Issue 493 Support undefined without having to have an undefined token value
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/493

- Issue 522 Name Computation Bullet 3 Confusion
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/522

- Issue 397: Need a way to specify indeterminate set size
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/397

- Issue 510: Review Author Musts
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/510

- Issue 578 Find out why aria-readonly is not on more roles
 - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/578