From:   Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>
To:     Matthew King/Fishkill/IBM@IBMUS,
Cc:     "'W3C WAI Protocols & Formats'" <public-pfwg@w3.org>,
<richschwer@gmail.com>
Date:   01/24/2014 01:33 PM
Subject:        RE: Suggested ARIA state

Matt King wrote:
“BTW, I had envisioned aria-active as a state rather than a property. The
context communicates what is active, so I am not sure I see the value in
adding values like "page". Perhaps you could elaborate on the importance
of that?”

I’d been thinking of it as a state, but realise that having different
values would make it a property instead.

The idea behind the different values was to provide greater contextual
information for ATs. A screen reader might announce “Current page”, or
“Current step” for example.

Léonie.