From:   Léonie Watson <tink@tink.co.uk>
To:     "'Alexander Surkov'" <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>,
Cc:     "'W3C WAI Protocols & Formats'" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date:   10/18/2013 11:01 AM
Subject:        RE: Using aria-selected on focusable elements

Alexander Surkov wrote:
" are there other use cases than HTML:a element? Should it be really
applied
to any focusable element?"

Good question. On reflection, probably not. All the use cases I can think
of
relate to links.

Thinking further, perhaps such an attribute could have different possible
values beyond true/false?

For example aria-current="page" when used on links in navigation lists or
breadcrumb trails, or aria-current="step" when used on a progress bar.
These
would translate into "Current page" and "Current step" when recognised by
screen readers.

Léonie.