From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 10 August 2014 17:52
To: PF
Subject: Agenda: August 11, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Agenda: August 11, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

Time of meeting is 1:00PM EST, 10:00AM PST, 17:00 UTC, duration is 1.5
hours
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.

- Identify Scribe

- Status on wiki for tracking user agent defects on ARIA 1.1 features:
Michael

- Hot items and heads up:
  - Many issues that exist are waiting on a rewrite of the rewrite of the
text alternative computation section before we can address these issues.
 - In coming meetings we must focus on action items
  - Will need to meet with Steve Faulkner to ensure we have sufficiently
closed HTML5 gaps with issues and action items. (Face to Face issue?)
  - August 25 ARIA Caucus meeting with Digital Publication Interest Group

- Meaty Topic (Name computation):

  - Issue 637 and Action 1494 (access to digital math):
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1494>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1494
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/637>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/637
    - (Rich's Post)
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Aug/0035.html>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Aug/0035.html

 - Issue 648: Role computation with native host language semantics  (we need
agreement on this prior to August 25 meeting with digital pub-ig people)
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/648>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/648
    - This requires host languages to allow other values not defined in ARIA
today. (We do have a fallback computation mechanism to handle this)
    - We need to ensure that the spec. says we don't need a role if the
native host language supports has strong native semantics that are
equivalent to the role value. This will be addressed with action 1405.
    - Action 1401 is effected as HTML validator will not take epub name
spaced role values:  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1401>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1401

 - Issue 633: Applying interactive types to static document roles (e.g.
arrow navigable lists of links vs. having to convert to a listbox)
   -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/633>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/633
    - Discuss this only if Matt King is on

  - Issue 632: Define AccessibleDescription
   -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/632>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/632

  - Issue 554: Should elements inherit certain attr values from ancestor
elements? aria-relevant does. What about aria-required and aria-invalid?
        -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/554>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/554
        - Note: Alex Surkov referred to the issue of having aria-required on
role="group"

  - Issue 653: Need to support selectors in ARIA Relationships. Action 1427
says "Pending Review" but I don't see a proposal.
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/653>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/653
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1427>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1427

- Less Meaty Topics:

  - Issue 668: Redesigning the aria spec. to use h1 for sections if title
role is created. Title role was move to ARIA 2.0. Suggest moving this
    to ARIA 2.0
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/668>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/668
  - Issue 487: List Managed States and define mappings for them
    - Is there anything we need to for the ARIA 1.1 spec? This says you want
us to list managed states.
    - Action 980 is an action for the Core Mapping Spec. by David Bolter due
date August 22.
    - Created ACTION-980 - Define mappings for managed aria related states:
aria-setsize, aria-posinset, arla-level, focused, focusable with reference
to section 5.5 bullet 1 of the UAIG.
  - Issue 636: This issue also calls for a localized name in addition to
role description
    - Do we want a localized name for ARIA 1.1? Names should already be
localized.
  - Issue 634: Video and audio roles (simple groups, not full functionality
apis)
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/634>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/634
    - Should we move this to ARIA 2.0? Since. we are doing role descriptions
for region roles.
    - We have a role description now for ARIA 1.1 to be added for Issue 636
and Action 1417
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/636>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/636
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1417>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1417
 - Issue 657: Introduce a "term" role: Equivalent to HTML DD.
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/657>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/657

- Process Actions

  - Review proposal for Action 1201
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1201>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1201
  - Action 1456
    - Says review proposal but no proposal for actual definitions
    -  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1456>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1456