Usefulness of OWL

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:48:57 +0200
To: public-pfwg-comments@w3.org

Have any tool makes indicated a need for the OWL ontology?

I first considered creating an RELAX NG schema by writing a generator,
but then I figured that reading the spec and typing the schema was
more cost-effective than writing a spec scraper or writing a generator
on top of RDF infrastructure.

If the goal is to allow autogenerating stuff, it might be more useful
to give the data in an easily regexpable plain text-like format (under
the W3C Software License as opposed to the Document License).

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi