Re: Mental Health, Videos and Personalization

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the clarification. Are y'all aware of this already?

https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature
   and this:
http://schema.org/accessibilityHazard

I suspect the use-case(s) you are envisioning would be to use metadata at
the page level (versus the element level, which is where Personalization is
currently headed).

I'd personally rather see COGA efforts focus on the existing solution(s)
(which I think are mostly lacking in tooling support), rather than trying
to tease it out of our Personalization work (fun fact: Charles L. was
actively involved with that work as well, right Charles?) Additionally,
because Charles was previously involved, I'm sure he could assist if one or
more specific "hazard values" is currently missing (I assert it is easier
to build on top of existing effort, rather than start fresh elsewhere).

Schema dot Org already has strong support with the major search engine
vendors, which includes Google, Microsoft, Yandex, and Baidu.

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good