Re: Update: joint meeting with CSSWG

On Aug 25, 2020, at 6:21 AM, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> PPS: APA intends to create a short video demonstration for TPAC. Perhaps
> one illustrating MQ5 might be useful as well? Do we have any
> implementations yet that could showcase MQ5?

Most of the User Pref media features are implemented in iOS and macOS. The notable exceptions being forced-colors (which is specific to Windows high contrast mode) and prefers-contrast (a recent CSSWG decision cleared the way for implementation)… But most of the rest can be tested and demoed.

For example, here’s a 2017 demo and explanation of prefers-reduced-motion. IIRC, this and some of the other proposed MQ5 features were demoed to the CSSWG at TPAC 2017 or 2018.

Blog/Explainer: https://webkit.org/blog/7551/responsive-design-for-motion/
Test Case: https://webkit.org/blog-files/prefers-reduced-motion/prm.htm