Re: User testing of the personalization for symbol

Regrets for tomorrow (Monday's) call, as I will be instructing an all-day
class.

I think the first proposed test - auto-translation to symbols - is perhaps
premature, and additionally, are we not looking for machines to
auto-generate and auto-insert *numeric values*, that helper applications
then furnish "A" symbol from, and not necessarily the Bliss symbol? (To me,
the mapping to an alternative, non-Bliss symbol set is a far more important
thing to demonstrate.)

My concern tracks back to the division of technique versus editorial
accuracy, and while that accuracy is ultra-important for our primary target
audience, at this point we need to be testing simply the mechanism at this
time (IMHO).

The analogy I keep coming back to is image text alternatives: there are 3
techniques (alt, aria-label, aria-labeledby) available to us today, but
none of those techniques have an editorial impact; they can be used to
furnish awesome text alternatives, or something approximating gibberish
(alt="picture"). None-the-less, the Techniques remain viable in either case.

Conflating techniques and editorial accuracy here are inter-related, but
separate issues.

JF

(Sent from my mobile, apologies for any spelling mistakes)