Re: copy-write question

[image: image.png] <grin>
[alt: Bliss symbol for happiness]

Thank you Russell!

To close the loop, will our specification need to reference the CC-BY-SA,
or is it, as I suspect, the responsibility of the helper application(s) to
reference the CC-BY-SA in the helper application(s) that are using the
actual symbols? Our current draft
<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/index.html#symbol-explanation>
states:
*3.6 symbol*3.6.1 Description
<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/index.html#description-4>

The symbol attribute identifies the concept for symbols.

The symbol attribute accepts a numeric reference number.

A personalization agent can then load alternative symbols that the user is
familiar with so they do not have to learn new symbols for different
applications.
EDITOR'S NOTE

For a list of current reference numbers please refer to our data-symbol
wiki page
<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/About-Data-Symbol>.
The reference numbers are the same references numbers used in Bliss (BCI
numbers). Here is a link to the copyright licensing from Bliss
<http://www.blissymbolics.org/index.php/licensing>.
Question: is this sufficient copyright (copy-left) notice?

Thanks again!

JF