W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > December 2017

Minutes from December 11 teleconfernce

From: Becky Gibson <becky@knowbility.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:15:43 -0500
Message-Id: <DCAD5D71-48B3-4DDD-A8DC-F07F1A1B1BDD@knowbility.org>
To: public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
The minutes from the December 11 ARIA Personalization task force teleconference are provided below as text. They are also  available as hypertext at: https://www.w3.org/2017/12/11-personalization-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2017/12/11-personalization-minutes.html>




Personalization task force

11 Dec 2017

Attendees

Present
Becka11y, Roy, Thaddeus, jasonjgw, janina
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
Becka11y
Contents

	• Topics
		• Finishing last weeks survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results
		• Finishing changes that will affect implementation for action , destination and field for this WD - consensus process
		• This weeks survey -distractions and regions https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/distractionsroles/results
	• Summary of Action Items
	• Summary of Resolutions
<lisa> invite rrsagent #personalization
<lisa> /invite Zakim #personalization
<lisa> Finishing last weeks survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results
<lisa> Finishing changes that will affect implementation for action , destination and field for this WD - consensus process
<Thaddeus> +present
<lisa> scribe: Becka11y
Finishing last weeks survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results"
<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results
<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results#xq4
finish discussing last week’s survey - question 4

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results#xq4
question 5 - what else needs to be changed in action

<Thaddeus> +1
group is okay with adding pasted

<lisa> expand expand or unexpand the current item
expand is really a toggle item; it isn’t meant to be the state but rather a button that can have a state that can be exposed via aria

<lisa> expanColapse
<lisa> expandColapse
want to identify the control/button that performs the action NOT identify the state

<lisa> expandColapse
is group okay with changing the label to expandCollapse?

<lisa> (thanks :)
suggested that perhaps we have a convention to identify toggle controls

Janina: how to identify tri-state controls?

<lisa> expandCollapseT
<Thaddeus> Thad
<lisa> expandCollapse toggle
Lisa: do we want to identify modes - for example toggle in the expand / collapse case

<Thaddeus> +1
<Thaddeus> sounds like a good idea
Lisa: would like to name expandCollapse and put an at risk that this might be part of a toggle convention

<lisa> expandCollapse with note that this might be part of a toggle convention
Lisa: too much ambiguity in move - up/down/left/right or moveable in angles or other
... proposes marking move as at risk

<lisa> move[degree]
Lisa: possible convention: move[degree] - like CSS

<lisa> expandcolapece[expand]
Lisa: Propose mark move as at-risk so implementers ignore for now?

<lisa> at risk sign
+1 on at risk

<Thaddeus> +1 for at risk
Jason: MS control patterns - allow declaring properties on uI controls that may be more flexible than ARIA currently provides - so need to discuss with aria group

Lisa: if we think it is a wider conversation that indicates that at-risk is appropriate action at this time
... moving to question 6 - destination
... Becky questioned signin/siignoff rather than login/off but group has already discussed so we should leave it at signin/signoff

Janina: admits to nitpicking that pairs are usually on/off or in/out - just make sure they agree

Jason: what is this scoped to? - regions or entire pages, etc.

<lisa> sign in to current web site or application
Lisa: we have been advised against over scoping. This is for adding a symbol or tooltip

Jason: how to determine where to insert the symbol or tooltip?

Lisa: it is attached to the control that takes you to the login page NOT attached to the submit button on the login page

Jason: it could be other than button - could be menu item, menu button, etc

Lisa: is on an option or control that allows you to perform the action but NOT on a region
... becky asked about how to indicate if a link leaves the current site or domain
... distractions has a way to indicate a 3rd party offer - can a distraction property be used with destination as well?
... will discuss link destination with distractions
... Charles asked how to differentiate the social actions
... we don’t want an entire vocabulary for social types; implementers can use the alt text or other information on the control to concatenate the name of the social site/destination

<lisa> possibly as a peramtier
Janina: what is the use case? Why does user need to know about social?

Lisa: some people don’t understand those social icons
... people see the twitter bird but don’t know what it is. Having the coga=social can provide more info about what it is about
... or could request that social items be taken out of the tab order or put at the end

Janina: do we need to indicate that social actions are going to take you out of your current location

moving on to field

Thad questioned current name association and suggested first-name, middle-name, last-name

Lisa: suggests we follow what auto complete uses

Janina: relates to localization

Lisa: first name doesn’t make sense in many Asian languages

Charles asked about company

Lisa: but we do have organization

Charles also suggested maidenName

Lisa thinks it is rare

Janina: agrees, maiden name is rare and we don’t overload since we need adoption

Finishing changes that will affect implementation for action , destination and field for this WD - consensus process

Lisa want to get through action, destination, field

Lisa: need to put these changes in. Lisa will put them into spec and have us review, or do we want another survey that lists the changes

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to ask about attendance next week
<Thaddeus> I can make next weekk
Lisa will send an email to see who will be available for a meeting on Dec 18

<Thaddeus> +1
Lisa: are we comfortable reviewing changes on the list - but we will need responses

<Sharon_> +1
<lisa> cfc need to go out this week
Janina: nervous about CFC this time of year as we need to make sure everyone has time to review

This weeks survey -distractions and regions https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/distractionsroles/results

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/distractionsroles/results
<lisa> expandColapes note note lable it at rsik
Lisa: wants to make change to rename expand to expandCollapse and add note that we may enable a mechanism for marking the state (rather than labeling it as at-risk)

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/distractionsroles/results
<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/distractionsroles/results#xq3
Becky asks about purpose of the survey and what was expected

Lisa: sees overlap of distraction with other pieces
... question 2 - we have regions and roles - which module to these belong in
... useful for UA to know what different regions are available - keypoints, examples, etc. and these could be identifed and easly navigated to/through
... content module adds semantics to modules to make them more identifiable
... useful to be able to find information you want on the page
... 3 modules 1) content (this one) 2) tools and 3) help

<Thaddeus> + 1 for putting this in content
Lisa: disadvantage of having regions in the content module is that we are pressed for time but it does seem to fit /overlap with distractions

Jason: aria-dpub module has a role, doc-example
... so we don’t want to duplicte what aria-dpub is doing

Lisa: we need to find out what other ones are available and maybe we don’t need regions/landmarks

Janina: are we trying to navigate to out of band content (sidebars, etc)

Lisa: want consistent presentation and to be able to jump to only a certain type of region - you can just see the examples,or just the headings, etc

Janina: need to find the right balance so that we don’t over do it - publishers certainly have the content experience
... suggest a joint conversation before we move to far ahead with these

Lisa: do we want the regions and roles (callout sections) into the content module or a different module or leave them in a vocabulary (where they currently are and probably don’t belong)

<Thaddeus> thanks
Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]


w3c_home.png
(image/png attachment: w3c_home.png)

Received on Monday, 11 December 2017 19:16:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:43:53 UTC