Re: Permanent link

I would recommend redirects for ontologies/namespaces to be done
explicitly in the w3id .htaccess rather than by convention of folder
names passed through a pattern, so that you remember later to
keep/update all of them.  But if you have many such redirects then a
pattern would help.

Having multiple domain names to redirect is not a problem, but again
this means you have to be explicit in the .htaccess for each. Likewise
you are not required to have the same folder structure on the server as
on w3id side, it is common to 'shuffle' paths around, e.g. for version
numbers.

To support ontologies with HTML rendering such as yours, try HTTP_ACCEPT
conditionals - it depends on which formats you have exported the OWL
file as, this should help as your http server does not seem to handle
this itself right now.

See for instance
https://github.com/perma-id/w3id.org/blob/master/TRO/.htaccess -- as it
is redirecting to static hosting at GitHub Pages this is a good example
of needing w3id and content negotiation.

I would try to avoid "ontology" in the permalink, as tools may then make
prefix "ontology:" which is a bit meaningless.

Perhaps the best for your case is to make /periscope for ontology and
subfolder /periscope/atlas for the repository and a .htaccess in each
-- using ^$ as match mean it won't eat atlas/ so the subfolder's
.htaccess can be used. Alternatively you can use ^atlas$ in the end of
/periscope/.htaccess

In both cases make sure you have consistent use of trailing / or not in
your permalinks - the second approach would not redirect for
/periscope/atlas/ but because of the folder would redirect for both
/periscope and /periscope/

BTW, your UPM colleague Daniel Garijo is one of the w3id maintainers
with lots of expertise on this.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, The University of Manchester
https://www.esciencelab.org.uk/