Re: Problems and Opportunities at purl.org

From: Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:58:31 +0000
To: "Pemanent Identifier CG" <public-perma-id@w3.org>

Greetings, all.

A little while ago (and this message is a reply to
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-perma-id/2015Dec/0001.html>,
to resuscitate the thread), there was some interest expressed in a
purl.org successor.  That thread ended on a positive note, with David
Wood and some others having access to the schema, and OCLC apparently
keen on passing forward the current repository.

I was asked about purl.org by a colleague today, and this reminded me
about last November/December's thread: is there any news about purl.org
or the broader preservation plan, that can be passed on?  Or is there
any way that I or others could help with this?

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  https://nxg.me.uk