Re: DECISION: Regarding Call for Consensus to publish Payment Request API as a Proposed Recommendation; please review one change by 1 February.

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 12:04:16 -0600
Cc: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
To: Tom Jones <thomasclinganjones@gmail.com>

> On Jan 28, 2021, at 11:54 AM, Tom Jones <thomasclinganjones@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> experiments??  where are paypal, alibaba, square and facebook. I guess they know the browser is already a closed system.

I am aware of experimentation done at various times by PayPal, Alipay, Square, Facebook, Mastercard, Worldline, Worldpay, Coil, Stripe,
Barclays, Capital One, Credit Suisse, Klarna, Lyra, Shopify, and others.

Do we have the ecosystem of payment apps that we would like? Not yet. So we keep at it.

Ian
--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/