Re: DECISION: Regarding Call for Consensus to publish Payment Request API as a Proposed Recommendation; please review one change by 1 February.

I would like to raise a formal objection to the Payment Request API.

I Thoroughness. The current standard only enables payment from
companies that are able to create a browser from the blink core. Two
implementations do exist from web kit and chromium, but these only serve
the purposes of the duopoly of Apple and Chromium. Adrian has commented
that "Web-based payment handler using open interfaces that can be
implemented by anyone else." Which is technically true, but
meaningless given the control of the two implementations on the
marketplace. I have been informed by members of the WG that
implementations for Apple and Google have been accepted as two distinct
implementations.
II Fairness: I have been denied access to the group to make my opinions
known. It has been reported in the press that Apple and Google have
conspired to limit competition in advertising with formal, legal
agreements, and so should be considered as a single monopoly created
specifically in restraint of trade. The current document reinforces this
monopoly and must be changed to allow more competition. The wallet monopoly
will extend to other domains as well, that the payment team needs to
consider. For example Marshall University basically chose to enforce it on
their students as seen in this site. https://www.marshall.edu/it/mobile-id/

I propose two changes which are directed at the process, which does not
seem to be working for the good of the larger community:
1. that implementations that go through blink (in particular Webkit and
Chrome) only count as a single implementation.
II. that no payment API be approved by W3C that is not implemented in a
payment handler that can be accepted by a user without involvement of the
browser manufacturers.

Be the change you want to see in the world ..tom