Re: Progressing "PaymentRequest" to TR

On 2020-11-17 13:53, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:

Hi Adrian,

<snip>

> you refuse to acknowledge the constraints under which Web standards
> are developed or the privacy and security differences between Web and native platforms.

I'm painfully aware of these constraints. However, the market doesn't seem to care about that [*].

Having worked with Web technology since 1995(!) I'm probably as much of a Web enthusiast as you, but for a certain class of applications like payments, I have found that the combination of Web and Native as supported by Apple and Google through PaymentRequest to be a very compelling alternative.

With the omnichannel requirement which nowadays also includes P2P, what exactly are payment application developers supposed to do?

That "it is out of scope" doesn't really solve their problems.  That's all.

Best Regards,
Anders

*] There are literally hundreds of native mode mobile wallets only in Europe.