Re: Progressing "PaymentRequest" to TR

Anders,

You seem determined to persuade everyone in this group that we are wasting
our time and yet when we challenge
your assertions, you shut down the conversation.

Based on what I have read of Saturn and related ideas of yours, I can infer
that you are clearly a knowledgeable
member of the payments community. However, you refuse to acknowledge the
constraints under which Web standards
are developed or the privacy and security differences between Web and
native platforms. The W3C does not develop
products or have the ability to influence any browsers to deploy its
standards. We try to find consensus among existing
ecosystem participants around APIs to improve interoperability.

Did you know that invoking Apple Pay from the browser is done using one of
those standard APIs (i.e. the same API
that can be used to invoke Google Pay)?

My suspicion is that if you were proposing solutions that were in scope of
our group (i.e. built on the Web platform)
then the group would engage you more readily. As long as you continue to
post disparaging remarks and
unsubstantiated theories I think it's fair to expect only the chairs to
respond in an effort to spare the rest of the
group's time and energy.

Adrian