Code-A-Ton 2020

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 09:24:40 +0200
To: Nick Telford-Reed <nick@stormglass.consulting>, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/05/14-wpwg-minutes#item01
<nicktr> ...I would love to push the question of "what's the slickest UI we can achieve with payment handler"?

A more challenging question would be how you can build systems based on https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-handler/ that are comparable with native mode payment handlers like Saturn [*] which offers:
- signed and shared code installed from a trusted source
- multiple payment scheme support by decoupling user authorization from the underlying schema
- real-time account balances
- end-to-end secured payment credential enrollment
- locally encrypted authorizations maintain privacy and eliminates external tokenization services

 From a UI point of view, the card selector probably qualifies as "slick" as well.

Anders

*] Web UI demo: https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/saturn/ui-demo/