Re: Call for Consensus to Request Formal Review of WPWG Charter - Review Requested by 8 November

> On 1 Nov 2019, at 2:50 am, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> 3. Request some changes, and do not support the proposal unless the changes are taken into account.

Mozilla opts for 3.

As was raised at TPAC, I think a few of us still want to have a discussion around improving the Payment Handler story and seeing if there is a more generalized model that can handle any payments data model in a generalized way. There is an extremely rough proposal (more like a starting point) proposed here:

http://github.com/adrianhopebailie/modal-window

That I think might be worth including in the charter. As it stands, Mozilla will find it quite challenging to ship Payment Handlers so we are seeking a way to create a more generalized solution that can be used for payments, as well as possibly other things (our concerns are detailed at length at [1]). This is NOT to say that we need to throw out Payment Handlers or Payment Method Manifest... on the contrary, both serve as a good basis for what we want to achieve.

I can work with Ian and the Chairs to make the some proposed to fit in the above into the updated Charter.

Kind regards,
Marcos

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/23#issuecomment-372537251