Re: [Minutes] Card Payment Security Task Force

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 08:00:58 +0200
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>, Nick Telford-Reed <nicktr@gmail.com>
On 2019-05-01 18:14, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Minutes from today’s call:
>     https://www.w3.org/2019/05/01-wpwg-minutes
>
> Next meeting: 15 May
>
> We will continue our work on the SRC description:
>    https://github.com/w3c/src/wiki

I can only speak for Europe but here practically all countries already have national mobile payment systems offering secure on-line payments.  Unlike SRC most of these systems also work in physical shops as well as supporting P2P payments.

That these systems only work on a national basis is a pity. In addition, NONE of the vendors I refer to are W3C members and NONE of them seem to be involved in standardization efforts either.

It is pretty confusing, isn't it? :-)

thanx,
Anders