Re: [Minutes] Card Payment Security Task Force

On 2019-05-01 18:14, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Minutes from today’s call:
>     https://www.w3.org/2019/05/01-wpwg-minutes
>
> Next meeting: 15 May
>
> We will continue our work on the SRC description:
>    https://github.com/w3c/src/wiki

I can only speak for Europe but here practically all countries already have national mobile payment systems offering secure on-line payments.  Unlike SRC most of these systems also work in physical shops as well as supporting P2P payments.

That these systems only work on a national basis is a pity. In addition, NONE of the vendors I refer to are W3C members and NONE of them seem to be involved in standardization efforts either.

It is pretty confusing, isn't it? :-)

thanx,
Anders